VC Suite 2022.2 is now available for download. The release provides many new features and options for the individual VC Suite modules and includes bug fixes and improvements.
Here are a few highlights:
- VC Publisher:
- Starting from this release, we use “Physically Based Rendering” (PBR) as the default technique for rendering 3D object layers in the VC Map.
- For 3D object layers created on the basis of a VC Database, simple dialogs for defining attribute and version filters are now available.
- VC Map:
- New date and time control independent of the shadow widget.
- New dialog for changing the lighting settings.
- VC Planner:
- New object library with selected standard buildings available for free use in planning scenarios.
- VC Database:
- In collaboration with VCS, TU Delft has released a QGIS plugin for the 3D City Database that allows data from the database to be imported into QGIS as independent layers and used in GIS operations. Furthermore, attributes in the database can be edited and the data can be visualized in 2D and 3D. The plugin can be used freely and works without problems with a VC Database.
- VC Warehouse:
- The export widget now supports not only export with absolute heights but also the possibility to move objects to the ellipsoid (height = 0). The height mode can be preset or selected for each export.